The City of Lahti looks for solutions in Greater Copenhagen
Greater Copenhagen can display some of the most innovative and sustainable urban solutions in the world. Both Copenhagen and Malmö have set ambitious climate goals that inspires cities and regions around the world.
One-Point Entry organises visits that include Eastern Denmark and Southern Sweden, ensuring a comprehensive experience of regional strongholds. A delegation from the City of Lahti in Finland visited Copenhagen and Malmö in 2017 to study and learn about Smart City solutions in the region.
The visit included:
- Guided tours in Western Harbor and Hyllie - Malmö’s largest expansion area. By 2030 Malmö city will exclusively use 100% renewable energy.
- Meetings with Invest in Skåne, presenting local strongholds within life and materials sciences, IT & telecoms, smart city, sustainable urban development, food- and packaging, and Sustainable Business Hub - the triple helix cluster for sustainability as well as cleantech companies in Southern Sweden.
- Presentation of Copenhagen’s policies to become climate neutral by 2025 and the Copenhagen Solutions Lab for smart city solutions.
- Site visit to Scandinavian Green Roof Institute, a presentation of The Eco City Augustenborg and smart solutions of storm water management in Malmö.
- Meeting with the world leading consulting group Ramboll on sustainable urban planning, biodiversity in urban planning, and sustainable transport.
- Presentation of the Copenhagen bike share program Gobike.
"Sustainable development is base for our activities, so knowing what it does mean, what it takes and what benefits it provides for the cities in Copenhagen and Malmö is interesting. Understanding your future activities would be good base for possible cooperation."
Representative from City of Lahti